Poetry in Essence
A Personal Poetry Collection (et belle Café Accoutrement)

Unforgiven





















Starting over
Taking me to a place beyond heaven
Beyond perilous seas
Finding the strength, over coming
Or so I thought
Daydreams lost in a rolling tide
More than simply readjusting
I’m living in the shadows of your anger
A closet filled with the ghosts
Of painful wounds I thought had healed
Lighting strikes twice apparently
Thunder claps after storms have passed
Things we haven’t dealt with
My mind so ready to admit
To what my body wants to treat as a game
The wave of shock rushes in an instant
With her comes your change
Easy to become a fight
The mighty river’s great divide
Between your truth and my fantasy
My love is much too much and still ain’t enough
Your hurt runs far too deep

If you hadn’t forgiven me
You should have told me
If you couldn’t forgive me
Should’ve let its truth face me
When time passes by and you’re still filled with hurt
And it’s too much to feel what can’t be seen
When the anger is much too much
The bones of skeletons in my closet are sharp enough to cut
And the apologies I continue to give
Are still too far out of touch
When the tears that I shed
Fall on the frozen grounds of your heavy heart
Swims in the depths of darkness
Your angry silo of hatred as such
If my good can never be good enough
I will keep on trying until it is strong enough
But as I beg of you my love
Wrongs you can’t allow me to right
Allow me the secrets you keep
That I am still unforgiven
And the love that I strong-arm
Remains a love you’ve earned the right to impeach
0 comments:

Post a Comment


Take a look, it's in a Book

Somniay Bascomb

Somniay Bascomb
Such a Poetic Diva
Powered By Blogger

Welcome!

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. My personal collection of poetry brings a sense of peace to my sometimes chaotic life. I very seldom allow strangers to enter such a private place- a place where I bare my soul. I hope you accept this rare invitation to tour my inner most secrets... in poetry form. So by all means, stay for awhile. Read some poetry. Play a silly game or two. Gaze at some extremely cute puppies. lol Enjoy yourself.

About Somniay

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
Somniay is a well educated writer, Registered PhT, and business owner who poetically describes her racial background as, "An amalgamated mixture of contraindicated heritages." The last of 14 children, Somniay moved to New York City in 1998 where she joined the Gotham Writing School to improve her writing abilities. After returning to her southern roots in Texas, she began attending college where she achieved a degree in Science and later, Pharmacy. Somniay is currently enjoying a life of traveling the U.S. with her Navy veteran husband, David and their three children.