Poetry in Essence
A Personal Poetry Collection (et belle Café Accoutrement)

A Soul in War

Fingerless and icy
In unmoving silence I stain
These words far too distant to speak
Can’t conquer ghosts in corners of the mind

Soft and quiet like rain
I think on the last place touched
Thumb the strings of an abandoned heart
Sing of the things I miss so much

The end of a day like colorless rainbows
Their strips of faux gold lead us nowhere
Sorrow drowns out the emptying places

Tears for the sorry’s, I left them there

Your sadness screams in silence
Still, I kept my love light as feathers
And I go away for as long as you like
Hoping I will discover you... somewhere

When your heart breaks in millions
For reasons you can never seem to explain
I hear its thunderous splinter loud and clear
Sturdy as an oak on a long hard road, my love remains

There is nothing you need me to do
There is nothing left for me to
In frozen silence, post-still keeping things glued
I sit alone as love in the dark and think of you

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Take a look, it's in a Book

Somniay Bascomb

Somniay Bascomb
Such a Poetic Diva
Powered By Blogger

Welcome!

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. My personal collection of poetry brings a sense of peace to my sometimes chaotic life. I very seldom allow strangers to enter such a private place- a place where I bare my soul. I hope you accept this rare invitation to tour my inner most secrets... in poetry form. So by all means, stay for awhile. Read some poetry. Play a silly game or two. Gaze at some extremely cute puppies. lol Enjoy yourself.

About Somniay

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
Somniay is a well educated writer, Registered PhT, and business owner who poetically describes her racial background as, "An amalgamated mixture of contraindicated heritages." The last of 14 children, Somniay moved to New York City in 1998 where she joined the Gotham Writing School to improve her writing abilities. After returning to her southern roots in Texas, she began attending college where she achieved a degree in Science and later, Pharmacy. Somniay is currently enjoying a life of traveling the U.S. with her Navy veteran husband, David and their three children.