Poetry in Essence
A Personal Poetry Collection (et belle Café Accoutrement)

The Great Fall

Say it!

Admit it!

You had damned me Moon & Moon

I traveled lonely inside your cold Dark

Where the light you have stolen from the sun

Can not touch

Fall to my knees in glory for thine divine illumination has melted

Upon a revelation of new found communications

That at once had been lost

Our emotional ties that bind paid the cost

We came to a crossroad of an indistinct path

Remember when we came to the crossroad?

I thought I knew and you thought you'd recognize

By enterprise but instead... interjection

It was uproariously side splitting

A fool we were

A fool were you! since no one could shake your house of card faith in the strength

Of inner core

And

Its so-called light to whisper the map for life's next direction

Like consternating Gods sitting upon slumping shoulders of despair

None of it proved resourceful otherwise we'd not have been

So easily pulled into a direction of selfishness

No longer practice exclusion

Boarded up and danced to the dissonance of inclusion

Only to realize far too late

Sex wasn't the issue- just a symptom

A juggernaut of voluble insanity Filled so high

With the

"I wish you would just..."

and the

"I wish everyone would..."

I wish everyone could "see" my emotions

The light inside of me beginning to fade albeit

Nothing is promised without work to be done

Not completely out of mist but is surely a compromise

Worth the seek

I guess the world is after all promised to the meek

Am I the meek? I think I am

What so has had my my heart enraptured captured in sexual appetite

Now torn apart & nothing else has gone right

I'm finally getting love back into my life

You're finally starting to get it and I am beginning to sing again

Frown lines disappear and take shape a baby's smile

I missed so much

Inti Zen petals in my hair leave behind amorphous vista

Yes

Dust

Wintry Seas

October trees

Lit a fire inside too deep to satiate

There, protected from desires to destroy

Dissenting evil devoid of needed energy

To fulfill wrath & angers the gods of darkness

As it could only choke on mirth and confusion of

Hot white kindness and love

Crush under weight of hope and God's promised inheritance

The bond I have sought after for so long, so desperately

Has now appeared

Soaringly She Stands

Splendor and Elegance

A Thousand Emerald Cities dance in her Crystal Armor

Gallant In full view

And I, cherubically abound

Am ready to start anew



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Take a look, it's in a Book

Somniay Bascomb

Somniay Bascomb
Such a Poetic Diva
Powered By Blogger

Welcome!

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. My personal collection of poetry brings a sense of peace to my sometimes chaotic life. I very seldom allow strangers to enter such a private place- a place where I bare my soul. I hope you accept this rare invitation to tour my inner most secrets... in poetry form. So by all means, stay for awhile. Read some poetry. Play a silly game or two. Gaze at some extremely cute puppies. lol Enjoy yourself.

About Somniay

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
Somniay is a well educated writer, Registered PhT, and business owner who poetically describes her racial background as, "An amalgamated mixture of contraindicated heritages." The last of 14 children, Somniay moved to New York City in 1998 where she joined the Gotham Writing School to improve her writing abilities. After returning to her southern roots in Texas, she began attending college where she achieved a degree in Science and later, Pharmacy. Somniay is currently enjoying a life of traveling the U.S. with her Navy veteran husband, David and their three children.